Wednesday, August 15, 2012

New Beginning

I have been called to serve a mission for the Lord in the Philippines Manila Mission and will be speaking Tagalog (as soon as I learn how).   For anyone who would like to know more about what missionaries (me) of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints do please visit mormon.org.   I am so excited for all that this experience holds for me.  I cannot wait to share the gospel of Jesus Christ with anyone willing to listen.  I want to thank everyone who has supported me through this decision.  I honestly could not have done this without the love from all my family and friends.  They are all so awesome!

There have been days when I am so nervous for my mission and so in love with the people and activities around me that I have somewhat wondered about my decision to serve, to leave everything I have here.  One of those days I was thinking about how great my life is now and how different my life is about to become when I realized that that is the reason I am leaving and accepting change.  I am SO blessed.  My life is so wonderful because of the gospel of Jesus Christ blesses me and gives me hope in everything I do.  Everyone deserves to have this kind of happiness in their lives.  That is the message I hope to share on my mission; that life is awesome and that it can only get better with the gospel!  So really I am serving a mission because I have been given much.  And now I too must (and want to) give.

So…. I have never been a very good writer.  I can’t express my feeling very well in writing and I am certainly never eloquent.  However, since I have decided to serve a mission, I will be communicating through writing only (with the exception of mother’s day and Christmas when I will be able to talk to my family) for the next 18 months.  In light of this, I have decided to start this blog to keep all of those I love updated about my life if they wish to read about it.  J

If anyone wants to write me, starting August 29th until October 31st my address will be:
                              Sister Jaclyn Hamm
                              MTC Mailbox # 288
                              PHI-MAN 1031
                              2005 N 900 E
                              Provo, UT 84604-1793

After October 31st you can send mail to:
                              Sister Jaclyn Hamm
                              Philippines Manila Mission
                              PO Box 1997
                              Makati  Central PO, Makati City
                              1200 Metro Manila
                              Philippines



 That’s about all for now.  Let the adventure begin.  J

1 comment:

  1. I am so very proud of you Jaclyn, and know that you are going to be an awesome missionary!! You will be in our prayers and we will look forward to reading your blog and being in touch. Your sweet faith is already a strength to many, and will be a blessing to the people in Manilla. Enjoy the journey!! Love you most!

    ReplyDelete