Monday, September 23, 2013

Patuloy para Tagumpay


September 23, 2013

Dear Family,
We were doing a service project by cleaning the
bathroom at the church for ward conference. :)
SO this week has been good.  We had A LOT of struggles but also A LOT of miracles.  Lets see-- Monday I found out that I am training again.  Excited but mostly nervous, it has been really nice to be companions with Sister M because I know she always has my back and she is a great teacher.  But I know the Lord helps us as we do our best in His work.

Wednesday-- so we had a pretty good day. Met some new people had a few appointments.  But then it got dark and it also started raining and all our appointments and back ups fell through.  So my companion and I tried to figure out where to go and got us frustrated with each other.  Finally, (you would think as missionaries we would have figured this one out faster) we decided to say a prayer. So we prayed at the side of the road. After we stood around a minute to see if anyone would come to mind but still nothing. So we decided we would start walking home and hopefully we would get inspiration on the way.  So as we walked I tried really hard to listen to the Spirit and look everyone in the eyes. I greeted people as we passed and then suddenly this one man greeted us back and we started a conversation.  I can't explain what a great experience it was. He was so kind and talkative (which is exactly what you want when you OYM)  he asked lots of questions and was interested in listening to the answers. I feel like a really got to know Him in that short time we chatted. So we got his address and a return appointment.  When we went back to him on Friday we were able to teach and by the end he said he knew it was true because his church just focused on repeated prayers and church attendance but ours gave him clear answers (and I know he felt the Spirit). It was so wonderful.  We asked him if we could come back the next week and he told us we could come back the next day if we had time. :D Such a wonderful experience and we totally would have missed it if we had just called it a day.  So grateful for the Spirit and for the miracles that Heavenly Father orchestrates in this work and my life.
The Sisters of my apartment

This experience reminded me of a quote by Harold B Lee which says, "You must learn to walk to the edge of the light and then a few steps into the darkness; then the light will appear and show the way before you."  Sometimes we aren't sure where to go or we feel like we are wandering in the dark with no guidance from God. But I know that if we stay worthy for the Spirit and continue to act in faith the Spirit will warn us of wrong choices and it will give us guidance when we need it.  If we didn't have to stretch or walk a ways in the dark, we would never grow and we wouldn't appreciate as much the miracles when they come.  So if you are currently walking in the dark or wading through a trial, don't give up, keep walking and praying and God will be there to catch you before you fall.

As for everything else here.  Things are good.  It rains a lot but it's great cause I can sleep with a top sheet now! :)  Such a good feeling.  I know that this is the Lord's work and He is in charge.  I am so lucky to be a part of it and I know everyone is a part of His plan.  He has a plan for you and He has plans for you to help others.  Have a great week!

Love
Sister Hamm


Me in the Baha (Flood)

Ward Members :)


No comments:

Post a Comment