Monday, September 2, 2013

takbo




Me with one of my favorite Recent Converts and her children and two ward
missionaries. This woman seriously inspires me to be better. :)


September 2, 2013

So picking up from where I left off.....  The next day we woke up and it was still pouring rain.  And it literally felt like those days on the Harvest Moon video game when you wake up and the whole house is shaking from a storm, so you can't go out and do the things you had planned for that day and the things you needed to take care of so you jump back into bed and wake up the next day. haha.  But that is not what we did. :) We got up on time and did studies and all but we were inside all day and it was a weird feeling.  It seems so long ago now. Suffice it to say we got a little stir crazy Wednesday and were so happy to go out and grocery shop Wednesday night. Real dinner!! Tinola! :)  

We actually didn't really get to help with clean up much because most people in our ward actually came out of the flood really nice and they got stuff cleaned up before we were allowed to leave the house. So I was disappointed about that but we just got to go straight back to serving the Lord. :)

This week was really good. Probably the highlight was hearing from Elder Ardern at mission tour on Tuesday.  The Spirit is so strong with leaders of the church. I keep wondering what I can do to have the Spirit with me like they do... I'm sure I could do more but I bet it also comes with the calling from the Lord.  I also got to enjoy riding in an air conditioned car with President and Sister Tye and my companion.  At one point they started singing primary songs and I thought I was maybe in heaven - haha. That's a joke but it was pretty great.
SO I now have 1 minute left!! And it is so frustrating because I want to answer all your questions and leave a spiritual thought but that is how life goes sometimes. :) So I will just say again this week that I know that this church is true.  It's the ONLY true church with the power of God to seal families together for eternity.  I know the power of God is real and can and does work miracles upon the Earth today. Have a great week! 

Love
Sister Hamm 

Thanks so much for the pictures, I love them all! I miss you and love you.  Good luck with the first week of School.  Can't wait to hear from everyone!  Promise to email better next week. <3



Out door baptismal font.  The chapel where were attend church is I'm pretty sure the 2nd chapel built in the Philippines and it's still original. This is the baptismal font.  It is actually behind the chapel. :) Cool no?

Then-- the ocean. THis is not my area but we do have this type of view in some of my area as well.
 And this picture includes a rare sight.... a person actually wearing a helmet on a motorcycle. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment