Monday, March 3, 2014

Halo-halo ang Pakiramdam


So as for this week.  WOW! It was SOO incredible.  So Monday we had a zone activity where I played basketball and got blisters all over my feet! I'm a missionary (the ones with no bikes or cars that happen to walk a lot) and I gave myself blisters! Oh boy. Bad decision, but luckily that is what the Atonement is for... repentance and helping make up for bad decisions. So I winced through grocery shopping and then iced my feet at home and ran around on my heels only packing for exchanges. That night I headed to Dasma on exchanges with Sister C. (she was with me in an apartment last year) We had such a great time! She is so wonderful and we reminisced and shared our thoughts about the mission. It really lifted me and gave me a renewed excitement for the work.

Thursday I got to go to the temple with President and Sister Tye which of course was so wonderful!!!  Then they took us out to lunch at Shakeys!  SO I was so spoiled on Thursday.  Got back just in time for one appointment with J, our progressing investigator. We love going to that house because they are always excited to see us and always share their testimonies and are receptive to the things we teach.

Then Heavenly Father helped us find lots of new investigators this week and have some great lessons. Missions are awesome!  Which brings me to...

Spiritual thought... So I was reading this talk and it mention Alma 31:38 "yea, and He also gave them strength, that they should suffer no manner of afflictions, save it were swallowed up in the joy of Christ."  So you have to read the whole sentence or else you may think they had no suffering or afflictions. BUT as we see, they still had sufferings to endure and afflictions to overcome, however all of these were swallowed up in the joy of Christ. So.. you may not agree with this statement and I certainly have no personal experience of this but I have heard from multiple people that after child birth the joy of having a new baby helps lessen the memory of the pain of labor.  Well as my mission comes to an end my sorrows have definitely been swallowed up in the joy of Christ.  Even though there were really hard days and not so great weeks, I have had so much joy on my mission and looking back I would not trade a moment of it. It has all helped me to become who I need to be and has helped bring others unto Christ. So no matter what you are going through, pray, turn to Christ and He will help you find the joy and looking back you will see your trials through rose colored glasses.

Love ya
Sister Hamm



No comments:

Post a Comment