Monday, March 11, 2013

Huwag reklamo :) Maging masaya



March 11, 2013

Dear Family,

So much news this week.  It is good to hear from you and about how your lives are going.  It's always hard to know what kind of things you wanna hear but then I realize it's probably about the same as the emails I receive. I just enjoy whatever information you choose to share. :) This week I can answer some questions.

Eating-- well, pretty much the same stuff as before.  I haven't found cinnamon raisin bread yet but I am surviving with delicious wheat bread. :)  I cut PB from my diet.... yea.  haha.  We have more diner apt here which is really nice.  We have been fed some really delicious stuff like Sinigong (I don't know how to spell, I most often simply speak and listen haha), BBQ, sandwiches, and more.  We eat out normally once a week (p-day) at... wait for it.... McDonalds.  I have fallen in love (sadly) with the cheesburger. It is great and cheap. So yea.  I know like McDonalds.  Not good for my katawan (body).  

I came straight from the airport to a chapel in Manila where the mission office is located.  So my stuff from the mission home was waiting there with my companion. We may be part of bigger conferences now but I don't know cause we haven't had one yet. Yes I attend Bayan 1st ward and I don't know about the green roof but that is probably it. :) haha.  Google earth sure is great.  I don't think I will drive a car on my mission. I think only the AP's drive cars here.

We live in a house with two stories.  Downstairs is open area with kitchen and dining and living room all connected and then the bathroom.  Upstairs is 2 bedrooms and a balcony where we sometimes plan or stretch after exercising.  Sounds great and it totally is but before you decide I am totally spoiled, still no hot water and the water here feels colder since it is less hot.  haha.  But it is actually all good, I enjoy it a lot. I got 4 weeks off of laundry because my last companion didn't mind going to a laundry shop to get it done. Yay!  And there was one nearby. But here we are back to it.  It wasn't as bad as I was expecting and enjoyed the breeze and the view (I'll send pics next week) while doing laundry with my companion.  I didn't burn my hands this time but our hands (Sister M and I) started peeling the next day and lasted a couple of days! haha.  We were like people are going to think we are diseased when we shake their hands.  But no one, as far as we could tell, noticed. haha It didn't hurt and they are all good now so woohoo. :)

Language here is pretty much the same as Palawan but there are subtle differences and it makes it harder to understand people.  haha.  I can't make puns in Tagalog yet... I'll work on mastering it still. haha. Congrats to mom for using her Tagalog. :)  I'm proud. haha. Thanks for the package in advance. :)

I was thinking just the other day about how funny it is that the mission always finds new ways to challenge me. haha.  I guess that is what life does as well and for the beautiful purpose of making us better and helping us reach our divine potential.  First it is one thing and then when I learn how to deal with that I get a new thing to learn how to deal with.  I must have a lot of things Heavenly Father wants me to change or learn. :)

So this week has been a little challenging in that we haven't had as many people to teach. We can totally feel the Spirit helping us as we teach but it is hard when you don't have people to teach.... We are working hard to find more people to help progress towards baptism but it has been somewhat slow going.  We are excited to see what this week holds.

This last week we had a cool experience with the Spirit.  We were told by the Spirit to stop at this house even though we were on our way to another apt and we had no idea why but as we "Tao Po" -ed the person inside let out a yelp of recognition (not usual for people because Sister missionaries still aren't widely recognized in this area.). He came out saying, "They aren't here." What?  Well, turns out his grandparents are both members but have been less active.  When we went back another day it turns out they were really active in Manila for years but now Tatay has a heart condition that makes it hard to travel.  Turns out their records aren't in the ward and no one knew they lived there... no one, except Heavenly Father.  Heavenly Father knows where all his children are and each ONE is important to Him.  It was such a great experience and I thank Heavenly Father for the opportunity to be His missionary as a tool in His hand.  And the great part is, I don't have to be a missionary to be a tool in His hand.  We are all tools in His hands through visiting teaching, home teaching, following promptings to serve others and go places even when we have no idea why and may not see the results of our actions.  I hope to improve my skill of following the will of God through the Spirit everyday.

I know that Heavenly Father is watching out for each of us and has plans for us.  I don't know the reasons for all the bad in the lives of good people, but I do know that Heavenly Father is control of everything and He has a plan, a PERFECT plan for every individual on the earth and if we will just follow Him with faith we will receive a perfect, fullness of joy in the life to come and peace in this life. :)

Thanks for all of your support and the examples that you are to me. I love you all and miss you lots!

Love, 
Sister Hamm

No comments:

Post a Comment