Monday, June 24, 2013

Kagat Ng Lamok

June 24, 2013


Hello Family,

So I know you have all been dying to know (:P) I finally made the pumpkin pie last monday and it turned out great!  It was soo delicious.  I think I will have to make it again sometime. Thanks so much mom for the recipe and Kay for the money for the ingredients.  All 4 of us enjoyed a little bit at a time for days!

The weather has started to "cool down" a bit again and it is awesome.  It makes me really glad I will only be here one summer because it is so much hotter in the summer... which is hard to believe as you walk down the street sweating even in "burr months". haha. I am still enjoying the cold showers in the mornign but it is a shock on the mornings when we do laundry instead of running cause you are less hot to start with. 

So maybe something I can share this week is about how my mission is probably different from most missions in the states.  The Filipino people are very kind.  Many (not all, trust me) will welcome you into their homes. (Much more on Palawan than here, but still.) Almost no one we talk to gets super angry or slams a door in our faces. (Mostly because doors hear would break if slamed :) ) Some just walk away as we try and talk to them but most of them listen politely, expalin they are Catholic, take the pamphlet and nod instead of saying yes when we comit them to read it.  So generally the hard part is on the return apt when they hide or don't progress.  SO tracting is very different here and certainly not as discouraging.  Just don't want anyone to get the wrong idea of my sufferings. haha.  But I have felt the same pain.  There are nights when I talk to my companion and think about how Heavenly Father must just sit up in Heaven and shake His head or weep. Satan is clever and people are sooo human and weak.  I know that we can overcome all things with God but that it is easier to give in instead of overcome.  And so many of Heavenly Father's beautiful Spirit children have choosen to just give in. Or when you teach people and you just know Heavenly Father would bless them with unlimited blessings if they would just make the one little sacrifice for Heavenly Father but they just won't take that one little step.  It is so frustrating but when the frustration subsides there is just sorrow left for my poor brothers and sisters who are missing out on all the awesome gift our Father in Heaven wants to give them and is giving me.  And the only thing that makes it better is that it is all the more motivation to find those who will accept it.  So that THEY CAN enjoy the blessings and the joy.  I am honestly so grateful for the opportunity Heavenly Father has given me to feel this way. To better understand why Christ died for each individual and to get a tiny little taste of how much Heavenly Father must love me. And loves you. Beacuse I feel it for these people.  Right after they lie to your face and you know it, your heart still breaks for them.  I'm grateful for the pain and the love. So grateful for the perfect plan of our Father in Heaven that gives us the opportunity to return to Him if we chose! (Soory if that got a little rantish.  I don't have time to go back and check it. :) haha)

It is so wonderful when we can get a better grasp on the big picture.  As the Spirit shows it to your heart and mind, everything in life gets easier and wanting to share the gospel becomes more natural.  So study hard the gospel with the Spirit and live easy.

Love and miss you all!
Sister Hamm

P.S. Tell Jake to write me back.  Things here are great! My companion is awesome and we are seeing blessings from the Lord everyday. Have a great day! Love you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment