Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Sept 11 2012 email


So first off, thank you for all the mail and the package! I always feel so loved.

Sorry if you are someone I haven't written back yet... I promise I will get there. :) The weeks here feel like months. Seriously. But that is okay because they have been a really good 2 "months" :) haha. There are some days when I think, "Oh my gosh, I’m already 1/4 of the way through and I still have so much to learn. I can't leave in 7 weeks!”  But I’m sure all will come in time.

I understand forgetting questions when you sit down to type because I always have that problem. Here are some answers to your questions. When we have gym at night I love to play volleyball and then in an effort to not gain weight I run for the last 15 or 20 minutes. But my new favorite is when we have gym in the afternoon. We go out to the field and play kickball! It is a blast. The first time we played it was me and my kasama (companion) plus elders from our district and we played 3 on 3 with a pitcher that rotated. But this last time we played we had our entire district! We played on teams of 6. It was such a blast. Sister Finau had never played kickball before. Someone said it's kind of like baseball (okay?) and we were informed that they didn't really play that in Tonga either. But after her first kick she ran two bases and laughed the whole way. “I love this Game!” she said.  It was great to do a fun activity with the district that we practically spend ALL day with in the classroom. Good thing we like each other... or at least most of the time. :)

Our district is half going to Manila and half going to Naga Philippines. We actually had one elder from our district go home and it was surprising how hard it hit after only a week and a half. We all hope that he is doing well and wishing he were still here!

My favorite lunch is a wrap.  You get to decide what goes into the tortilla but the toppings change daily so it’s always an adventure, but I haven't had a bad one yet. They also get Creamery ice cream every Sun and Wed.  Let's just say I am absolutely in love with that! :)

Well, I don’t have much time left so I may have to hand write you some stuff.  I am still loving learning the language even though we have started learning grammar which has never been my strong suit. It is, however, frustrating to try and teach a lesson when you have so much you want to say in English but don't know how to teach in Tagalog! Can't wait ‘till that gets a little better. They have helped us more with lesson planning so I feel better about my english teaching even though that stills needs work too.

On Sunday, we got to see a talk by Elder Holland given at the MTC years ago. I don't know the real name of it but it was soooo good.  Totally left me on fire about my mission and made me really want to give it my all. Can't wait to hear about Josh's mission call. Tell him to dearelder.com me. :)  I did get your letter yesterday.  Thank you. :)  Dad, I haven't found a great word to teach you yet for fine. :) We joked the first week that they only taught us Mabuti so that when people ask us how we are we have no choice but to say great! haha. :) Works for me. Okay, well, I will write more in a letter later.  

Mahal Kita!  
Sister Hamm

No comments:

Post a Comment