Monday, February 25, 2013

Big Changes

Hello Family,

So I have two big changes this week.  The next time I write you I will not be on Palawan. I don't know yet where I am going (hopefully I will find out Tuesday) but I know I will be transferred because my companion will be training a greenie here (we found out Thursday morn, just so you can keep track of the time table here :) ).  Just like I was trained here! :)  Fun stuff.  I am so sad to be leaving (not just because it's beautiful and everyone says it's way cleaner than anywhere else) mostly because of the people I am leaving behind.  I love them all so much!  I care about them so much and I look forward to every visit to see how their faith has progressed and what has happened in their spiritual lives since the last time we visited. :(  But it's okay because I know I will love the people in my next area too.  I am also really sad because I have to leave Sister Hunt.  She has been honestly my dream companion and I have learned so much from her and progressed a lot in the one (short) transfer we had together.  We have honestly been having a blast working hard!  So yes Wednesday I will get on a plane and fly to somewhere new.  As I thought of that this week, the fact that I was leaving on a plane I thought about how glad I am that I'm flying to another area and not flying home.  Sounds crazy I'm sure.  But for me it was a really nice thought because at the beginning of my time in the field I was worried I may never stop wanting to go home with just a little piece of my heart.  But now that piece is gone.  Don't worry I still miss you honestly but it's more like I want you to come serve with me instead of me coming home. haha.
 
The next news (depending on a couple of factors) may be much bigger news.  As I figured mom might find, there are new missions opening in the Philippines.  Well Saturday morning we received a text from the Assistants that the Manila mission will be split. Into the Manila Mission and the... Cavite Mission.  The Cavite mission will have all of the areas previously categorized as Province (more like Palawan) and the Manila Mission will have all the areas previously categorized as "city".  Woah! It was crazy.  The four of us were at the house and we were all just like minds blown. So what does this mean for us?  Well we don't actually know yet. haha.  But it means that I may have 2 missions on my mission and that I may have all province... or I may have 1 mission and Palawan will be my last province.  It is such a weird thought.  And as I tried to decide how I felt and which I would want (leaving Manila mission for province or staying in Manila mission but not getting to be province) I decided it really doesn't matter.  The Lord has His hand in everything. And while I'm not a huge fan of change, I know I will be assigned wherever He wants me and as I have learned here on Palawan-- It really doesn't matter where you are as much as who you meet.  You can love people anywhere.  So here goes a new adventure! :D  Someone at church yesterday said she had 2 different missions when she served and actually had 3 mission presidents! haha!  Life is crazy and yet so easy as a missionary.  People, directed by the Lord, tell you where to go and you go and fall in love with the people (Sisterly and brotherly love of course haha) and work your hardest to help people as much as you can as fast as you can and then you go somewhere else the Lord needs you.  My life is so wonderful! (don't get me wrong there are still very hard moments, but you know the hard moments get pushed to the shadows of with all the good.)
 
Whew.  So that's it for super exciting.  We have had lots of great visits with people this week and my heart honestly breaks that I wont be returning to them but it's okay because I know the Lord and the companionship here will take good care of them. :) (Over-dramatic?....maybe...or maybe not... haha) My language is improving still.  I feel more comfortable teaching and really felt the Lord's help in my teaching this week but it is still a struggle.  I spoke again in church on Sunday. blah.  My time is running short and not much new to share.  The Lord is hastening His work, truly!  I am so excited to be apart of this work!  I love Heavenly Father and His perfect, beautiful plan for us.  Sometimes it seems hard to follow but we just have to look at all He has promised us and it makes suffering a little lighter a little easier.  I'm grateful beyond words for the gospel in my life and the comfort that it brings.  Please, study this gospel, it makes everything better and makes everything make sense.  I love and miss you all!\
 
Love,
Sister Hamm
 
 PS - Thanks for the encouraging emails.  Give my love to Nathan and Tyler and Jacob!!  Condolences to those who didn't get into BYU Provo but there are reasons for everything I promise!  Oh and you know RUS's they totally exist. (not really)  I saw a rat the other day.  It was literally the size of a cat! crazy. Love you! I'm safe and happy. BYE

No comments:

Post a Comment